Sunday, February 04, 2007

Toxicity and KARmA


"There is no medicine for insecurity"...
If there were, I'd go ballistic as I wouldn't have anything or maybe anybody to actually comment about haha... anyhoot, I often say that to my girl-friends whose boyfriends are uber paranoid. I know these girls, and I know their hearts, and a bit of what's in their heads, we think alike, except maybe I'm wilder but other than that, we are on the same plane.

Let's talk about Riz and her boyfriend VJ. I love Riz so much I am accepting VJ, not that it's such a biggie or anything. The guy whines, complains and is petty. Not-so-good. Atleast for me that is. Fine, he has some good traits (I mean no girl would fall naman for a guy who had no good traits whatsoever). But I am just a friend who comprehends, but that doesn't mean I have to like the entire situation right? I am entitled still to my own gawdforsaken opinions. Besides, before I feel that negative vibe, I back it up with proof of course (hell yeah!).
Evidences:
1. He traveled a gazillion miles just to beg Riz back-sweet. But, then drags his sis to our org concert to serve as a buffer zone, so atleast he won't be spurned---so not cool.
2. Visits Riz at her pad before he even goes home- the effort. But, bangs his head on the wall and says I can't live without you with matching tears, that must be the kicker.
3. We have a drinking sesh at Riz's pad, I am of course the 5th wheel... so I chat up the people, swap stories and mention Riz's work friend Mark, we're all cool. But, the boyfriend gets all petty and brings his can of beer out and smokes alone. So I am like, is it me? I'm the only addition to this party! I'm so sorry. (But deep inside, I'm like, screw you man!) So being the nice and concerned friend I go out and smoke a bit and ask the dude if he's alright. Yes, DAW.
4. I see Riz and we re-live the story of that night (FYI, it was her bday!), but I get like bummed out about her boyfriend's reason for whining during the said night, because of MARK! I mean, my gawd! Imah smack the dude!

So if I see him, I will continue to be the good friend I am to Riz, but I don't have to really pay attention to THE boyfriend ;p

My Bff (best friends forever excuse-moi!) is beautiful, simple and a tad bit shy. Can't really gauge things and she isn't exactly the expert on good conversations. So here I am playing Dr. Love (I swear, people should start paying me!). The root of all her "woes" would probably be her insecurity. She had a very very very long hiatus on dating and she's not exactly a person who gets to hang-out with so much testosterone on a daily basis, so here I am, giving her the dibs on everything.

I helped her with her man, Hans. And this Hans is a pretty
smart-macho-inconsistent-egotistic-playing-safe-mature-but-childish-a-bit-horny-am-too-good-for-girls-sort-of-a-player DUDE. Dingdong. It's a bit much for Tin, so we analyze the situation together.


My Tips?


1. Chill. Chill. And Chill. Play it cool, keep it cool.

2. We know he is worth something, but sweetie, you are worth more.

3. We are goddesses, he is a mere mortal. Worship us now.

4. Blow him off--- sometimes. Pooof!

5. Be witty, funny and sassy. Everybody loves to get that good vibe.

6. Sincerely and subtely hint that you do care. Atleast that much he knows.

7. Be positive. So what if he doesn't reply?

8. Love yourself.

9. If he does something way off, punish. Punish. Punish. You get it.

10. Be cautious. Falling in-love is out of this world, but watch the signs closely. We don't want a meteor hitting the earth hard causing devastating effects on mankind, if you know what I mean.


And so far so good. She's now doing great on her own. And I think she's getting there, an arms length to being in control of the situation. Shall I say, the reversal of fortunes (now wasn't that a movie??). She's hotter than ever and ready to burn down the house, hehe. Hail to my BFF!
It's official: You are back on track!

Maybe I should have gotten a degree in Psych. I deal so well with people, and I've always been dubbed the "sage" of the barkada (uom, sorry, I think I'm boasting here, haha), eversince HS. And now I'm in college, people do confide in me. It's a bit draining sometimes, but it's kinda like a noble thing to do. No greater satisfaction fills me when I see a friend I helped, feeling better. Besides, I think it's good karma. I am a believer of Karma. Take away the M and it spells KARA. Oohh, that's me!!! Okay, corny. Heehee. But yeah, I believe in karma. I mean my classic example is.. I don't play around, I don't fool guys, I tell them head-on when I know their chances are nil with me... it's all so tempting to play around but Karma really prevents me from doing so. And of course, the fact is that most guys are my friends so I wouldn't want to really ruin the friendship. (Did that sound just showbizzy??)

I believe in KARMA. What comes around goes around. Who knows, maybe in my next life I'll be...uom... human again I guess... or maybe a demi-goddess... the goddess of love hopefully, that sounds good to me.

Demi-Goddess Karamiaw

(actually, that's just halloween... that's kinda like my trojan goddess get up.)


With all the "karmic" forces in play...

What do you think you'll be in your next life?
That indeed is something to ponder about. Heehee.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

BFF! i love tip number twooo! Ü

as for hans' description hmmm i think what is lacking is that he is inconsistent. tsk tsk. men. i mean, boys. hahahaha

and yep, i'm getting there. although it's a bit hard and confusing, i'll get used to it. har har har.