Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Daydreaming

There is a woman, lying on the fine white sand still. She seems as if she were in some kind of trance. Just like the sound of the waves lapping on the shore, its rhythm slowly enveloping her being. The sand reflects like tiny diamonds on her loose hair, golden strands of her fine hair make her look like a goddess... her skin glistens with droplets of sea water waiting to be brought up into the sky by the sun's rays. Her face is tranquil, her lips are slightly dry from heat and the breeze. Half-buried beside her is an empty bottle of beer.

That will be me in a few days when I make another journey to a place I love, Boracay. My mind is so not immersed in school. In fact, I daydream of the glistening shore, the white sand, skimboarding and the sunset there. I'm trying to study for my business policy class, it's our exam tomorrow. It's a vain attempt really, but I might as well say I tried. I look at the clock, wishing it were friday afternoon already... I'd be boarding my flight, smiling and all giddy with excitement. I'm going back to a place I love... not even a year has passed since I last stepped foot on my beloved island. Can't wait anymore. I can't wait any longer. Paradise shouldn't be made to wait.

No comments: