Sunday, September 23, 2007

Granpapi's 91st beeday

Granpapi's beeday celeb at west ave... I think he had like 5 cakes and 2 bottles of red wine all to himself, care of me and Karlo (demmit! we both gave red wine, BUT, mine was barking lizard, a shiraz red wine, you can't find that anywhere else unless you go to the direct distributor haha!). Lotsa food as usual. Instead of wearing the traditional red shirt, he was sporting a cute shade of yellow on him, spiffy for a 91 year old if you ask me.

Spent the day pondering about age. My cousin Migs is now 1st year high at AHS and is turning 14 tom, it was upon that fact Kaye, my big sis, realized that BAM! She's old already! Hahaha. I was like, oh crap. That makes me old too. No more summers spent immersed in water fights, sleepovers at Panx's house, Manong Tok's ghost stories... they have all been replaced by our Nasugbu, Batangas trip just before school starts (their school starts for that matter...), which is very much an "older" persons thing.

Year after year people get older... but do they get closer to achieving whatever they set out to do? At 23 I can't help but think about my future, what I would like to achieve, places I want to explore... it's a natural thirst for life, so many things, so little time... 23 years is 23 years on this earth evolving into a somebody. Life cycles are crazy really. It limits and pressures you to do stuff since whatever happens, it's bound to happen, there's no stopping it, but then, if only the elixir of life were real, or maybe the fountain of youth, time wouldn't really matter much. There's the mid-life crisis, menopause, old age... that cycle is a natural progression that limits time you spend in a particular phase of your life.

It's so easy to age, sometimes you won't even feel it... but when you see the changes around you, your younger cousins are in high school already, somebody's getting married, landscapes changing... you're bound to notice how you've aged. But then life goes on, the natural cycle continues, and we just get older every year.

No comments: