Thursday, December 13, 2007

Montecristo

I think, if you're a drinker, you're bound to gravitate (even if you don't know it) to other drinkers. It's amazing really, what alcohol does to people. First, the interest in drinking sparks instant bonding. Then when drinkydrinky time comes, I mean, beer to me is almost like coffee, you can talk about your whole life, your past, your present, shitty times, interesting moments, while drinking it. (But of course, coffee is coffee... and I still love my coffee)

Last night, Andrea and I drank at Don at Tebans, my favorite drinking place (location, location, location!). Andrea's from the front office, and the only reason I got to drink with her one on one was because Genee apparently couldn't make it yesterday, since it was of course a spur of the moment thing. What can I say, drinking knows no time and date. It just happens. Like spontaneous combustion. Haha. So, we bonded, we talked about ourselves, and I guess it's always a lot of fun when you get to know somebody new. The night proved to be an interesting one, as I was just doing away with my beers, quicker than usual, in fact, I was about 1 or 2 beers ahead of Andrea. Weeee. Jedhonx joined us for dinner, couldn't drink beer because he was sick, so he stuck to dinner instead. Oh, and iced tea. Hehe. I had been eyeing that montecristo sandwhich for awhile and finally decided to order it. Visually, on the menu, it looked great. And infront of us, it was mighty fine! Haha. We thought the sauce that accompanied it was catsup, but no! It was something sweet... and when I dipped my french fry in it, I was like, bleh. Andrea said it was strawberry jam. And it was. I just realized that the strawberry jam and montecristo sandwhich complement one another, the french fries though will still be better off paired with catsup. Hehe.

Even after we exited Don and Teban's, our conversation continued until Andrea got a ride home, haha. I think I shall drink with her again! Hehe. She has so many stories, and it's pretty interesting. We didn't like go like, so, what's your fave color? How many siblings do you have? What do your parents do? We just exchanged stories and we picked up bits and pieces about one another, which was so much easier and less awkward actually. =)

Now, I am craving a montecristo with strawberry jam, and of course, a bottle of beer.

No comments: