Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Frosh day high!

I have to say, my La Salle days were fun. All I remember doing, aside from either cutting class, staring into space during lectures, and drinking right before PE class (haiya!), well, was just... having fun. Having the time of my frosh life. So I learned the DLSU hymn on my first day, yep first day of orientation at the Benilde Auditorium, and then walked through the campus with those upper batch volunteers who guide you by holding up your freakin' section (LR27) sign for the whole world to see. Okay, I get it, Frosh ako. Haha.

So I timed out at 6:15pm on a saturday night (4 hour shift on saturdays, argh!). Waited for a few minutes for Nuel to come pick me up. And voila, I spot his new car. Spiffy new car, pare. Haha. And then I open the door, not really knowing what to expect, but... I see Nuel. Bello. Mr. Lanto. Oh and the latest update, Nuel is now Noel. He was sporting longer hair, and I think he got a bit chubbier, heehee (peace Nuel). Instead of coffee, we were to have dinner at Teriyaki Boy (originally) but decided on UCC upon his recommendation. Even before ordering our food we had already started reminscing about our first year days at DLSU. And now we're like what? 23? It has been so long.

Memories can elicit a lot of emotions when recalled, and thankfully ours was one of happiness. We may have been a crazy bunch (may have been) but who cares? We were all crazy together anyway, and we still are the same kick-ass group, now with grown-up issues such as work, running the family business, getting a promotion, pursuing further studies... however, we just got a lot better, and smarter, and we got a lot more perspective now. How things change. *sigh*

I have yet to meet up and reminsce with the other people from the frosh 'kada, but I think, when we do meet up, it will just as fun as like our frosh days.

No comments: