Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Thoughts from those days

Why is it? Why does it happen? Everytime a love song that was given to me by my ex-boyfriend plays, I am transported back in time to those days.

Those days when I wasn't single.
Those days when someone greeted me every single morning with an I love you.
Those days when he'd pick me up from school and we'd watch a movie and stay out 'til it was late.
Those days when starbucks wasn't just coffee, it was venti caramel macchiato racing, drink it like you would in a beer bong minus the alcohol.
Those days when no matter how awful I looked, he simply smiled and kissed my insecurities away. Those days when we held hands even while he was driving.
Those days when kissing seemed to be such a natural way of expression for everything I felt for him.
Those days when just his voice would already make my day.
Those days when goodbye meant only being apart temporarily.
Those days when we'd watch the stars in the sky twinkle and imagine they were ours.
Those days when japanese food wasn't japanese food without him ordering tempura, 2 orders of tuna sashimi and special fried rice.
Those days when romance by ralph lauren for men and women were our perfumes.
Those days when the red traffic light meant it was kissing time in between traffic.
Those days when I knew I always had someone who would take me home and tuck me into bed if I got wasted.
Those days when the sunset meant forever and growing old with each other.
Those days when the mushiest love letters seemed so normal.
Those days when my life was like a fairytale.
Those days when I had the man I could imagine the future with.

Those days.

Not that I'm not over him. It's just that when I hear those songs I remember what we had. This is not the sound of bitterness or regret. It is just me, remembering. You can't help but remember because those days, if ever anybody can say they've had those days, were special. And they will always be remembered that way.

Even if I do find someone else... it doesn't hurt to remember that there was someone who once made you feel so special. And if this person who comes along gives me those days once again, then I know that I've found the person. I've found him again.

No comments: