Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Leave the chilli's to the professionals

The weekend was a culinary quest. Yes. The quest to make everything related to food taste good. Haha. Made paella last friday, and some oatmeal and sugar cookies, saturday was spent bonding with jed by making our own pizzas and sunday, I cooked the 'vegeman's ' spaghetti for sunday lunch. (frankie hesitated before eating the spaghetti because she saw something green in it Haha. She thought it was vegetables! It was only basil and oregano! )

Well, being jobless kind of makes you 'domesticated'. Haha. Parang animal lang ha. Wahaha. So, I spent the weekend like I said, cooking. Messing up the kitchen for cristy, and the house in general, for her. Well, I taught her how to bake too. I taught her to use the uber fab kitchen aid so when mom wants cookies, cristy can bake them herself! You see, mom loves cookies. She loved them so much she brought some along for karlo to naga, and when the following morning came, I was looking for my cookies. Cristy said mom had finished everything! And to think Karlo wasn't home, the cookies vanished anyway. Well, atleast they were well appreciated. Haha. My paella tasted good to according to pop so am happy about that one, my dad's pretty finicky about the way his food tastes. I say dealing with 1 piece of chili paid off. You see, I put 1 piece of chili in the paella for some spice. I was so brave I dealt with the red chili with my bare hands! I ripped the chili open to remove the veins and seeds, and then ripped them into little pieces and threw them in the paella. After a few mins my fingers were burning so I washed them lots of times. While dinner commenced, the area near my cuticles were burning. I was wondering home I could stand eating while my fingers stung like crazy! I soaked them in milk for 10mins. It was okay when I soaked them. But when I finally washed my hands, they still stung. Rawr. So I let them be for the meantime as I headed to jed's house, I figured he could do something about it (such a baby I am!). And so his mom told me to soak my fingers in icy water, which of course jed dutifully prepared for me. I didn't know my fingers were becoming numb until they were. Haha. It eased it a bit, luckily, the beer I drank when we headed to tonio's grill made me forget about it. So, I say, leave the chilli'ss to the professionals. Hahaha.

I love the fact that I finally got Jed to share my passion in the... Kitchen. Hahaha. Now, aside from the usual drinking, malling, travelling, dining out, we've found another commonground. Our love for food. We've made buffalo wings, cream cheese carbonara, pizzas and siomai so far. Stocked their kitchen with spices essential to making buffalo wings, our ultimate fave (also jed's older brothers fave, jim and bonx's)Which are cajun spices!! Cayenne , paprika and so and so. We're constantly thinking of food we want to cook, and the nice thing is when we cook at jed's house, everybody makes the effort not to miss it.

No comments: