Monday, November 05, 2007

Loving Long Weekends (Most of the time)

When you start working, long weekends are very much appreciated. You get to party and drink, bum around for a day catching up on sleep from the drinking spree the night before, do errands and shop, then the last day, family day. I think weekends should be made 4 days a week. Okay fine, 3 days at least. I mean really, 2 days aren't enough. You drink, then the next day just bum, and you practically get nothing much done hahaha.

So lately, given the fact that there is much time to waste, I seem to have a penchant for sudden realizations in the shower. (Is this normal?) It started when I was thinking about my parents 32nd anniv last Oct. 25. I was trying to compute how old they would be when their 50th anniversary comes. So I was like Pop's 58 (Oh gawd! My Pop's is 58!!!!) and then Mom's 57 (Oh gawd! My Mom's 57!!!). So it was then and there I started to panic. A bit. So add 18 years to 58 years, that'd make my Pop 76 years old. (Oh gawd.) So I became more afraid. Being the youngest, I've always been half- dependent on my Parents. And, being the youngest, I am the one most attached to them. So, imagine my horror when I was computing their respective ages by the time their 50th anniv arrives. (Oh gawd.) Time does fly so fast. It's cliche I know but really, 10 years ago I was grade 7. Now, I am freakin' working already. Everything just sorta dawned on me. I started thinking about my life. Maybe I'd quit smoking when I turn 25 years old. I'd turn into a half- vegetarian (can still eat meat once in awhile haha). I'd switch to drinking wine instead of beer. So many things popped into my head. Normally, I wouldn't be afraid of the future. I actually am not. What I'm afraid of is imagining my Parents aging and you know. There. I guess people don't really talk about stuff like that much, but really. Sh!t like that is a bit... oh gawd. Yah. So by the time I got out of the shower, I had freakin' wrinkly granma-ish skin, which made me gasp. Okay Kara, chill pill.

No comments: